Much to the delight of real estate agents and brokers in Brooklyn who service Prospect - Lefferts Gardens, this wonderful Brooklyn neighborhood has a lot going for it. For example, the housing stock of well maintained brick and limestone, Romanesque, Colonial and Tudor Revival style homes is fantastic.
This neighborhoods popularity amongst professionals, young families and real estate developers anxious to get a foothold here is based on location, location, location. It is near Prospect Park, The Botanic Garden, The Brooklyn Museum, SUNY Downstate Medical Center on Clarkson Ave and an easy commute into Manhattan. Subway service includes the B, Q and S trains at The Prospect Park Station, the Q train at Parkside Avenue and the #2 and #5 trains at Sterling Street and Winthrop Streets.
Some planned developments in Prospect - Lefferts Gardens are:
1) A 23 story, 218,956 square foot mixed use building located at 626 Flatbush Avenue, which will have rental units, commercial space and a community facility.
2) A 9 story, 56 units mixed use building located at 510 Flatbush Avenue and around the corner on the same block on Lincoln Road, plans have been filed for an 8 story mixed use building.
3) A 15 story luxury condominium building is currently being marketed at 271 Lenox Road, between Nostrand and Rogers Avenues.
One of many interesting facts about the Prospect - Lefferts Gardens neighborhood is that the Lefferts Manor Association in PLG was founded in 1919 and through their efforts much of an 8 block section of the neighborhood has been designated as a historic district by the City Landmarks Preservation Commission. This mini neighborhood just steps from Prospect Park had all been built consisting only of single family homes and must stay this way.
Some recent sales in Lefferts Manor are:
1) An architectural beauty at 163 Maple Street, which sold for $1.755M in August of 2014.
2) Another gem of a home but in need of TLC located at 117 Midwood Street and sold for $1.23M last May.
3) The house next door at 119 Midwood Street, was put on the market in April for an asking price of $1.4M and is in contract.
If you would like more information about Prospect - Lefferts Gardens real estate call or email Jeff or Anna.
If you or someone you know is planning to sell their Brooklyn property whether residential, commercial, mixed use, multi family or investment property call us at 718-375-2065. You will be very happy that you did.